Some great advice and suggestions:
- Limit the length of meetings. Limit meetings, period.
- Measure results not hours
- OHIO principle: Only handle it once.
- Don’t waste your time creating A-plus work when B-plus is good enough. Use the extra time to create A-plus work where it matters most.
- You need to communicate — often. Every week, write down a list of your assigned tasks — short-term assignments and long-term goals — and rank them by importance, from your perspective. Then ask your boss to weigh in on the list.