Andy on Twitter

• Worth a watch – What Does Facebook Do With My Data? - YouTube ,
  • Is this OK? Me thinks not... Here’s how Google knows when an online ad makes you buy the product in real life… ,
  • Local burger joint empty of people other than queue of Uber Eats and Deliveroo delivery peeps waiting for orders... sign of the times...,
  • Big congrats to the ⁦@Hubdoc⁩ team... great products deserve to grow together... ,
  • Sad day... Incredible leader and what a legacy... Sergio Marchionne, car company executive, 1952-2018 | Financial T… ,
  • Amazon needs to stop the geofencing nonsense. Can get a kindle book in the US store but not in the AU store. Same b… ,
  • Why are the All Blacks so good? - CNN ,
  • Yep... 😀 ,
  • Am on the hunt for an awesome marketing opps / agile specialist who can help instrument marketing, build our workfl… ,
  • Good read ,
  • Connect

Offline for a Week or So

I got one of those calls nobody wants to get – my brother Martin has been killed in a terrible accident in Thailand so I’m heading that way and plan on tuning out to focus on family. He was the shining light of our family and imagining the universe without him is hard to comprehend.

When times like these strike you become deeply thankful. Especially for my brilliant wife (in so many ways) and Sophia and Zach. Figuring out how to get me and family members to Thailand in one hour is an amazing feat… We love you!

And hey, you appreciate people who go out of their way without any skepticism. American Express Platinum figured out how to get me to Thailand the fastest way possible and made it happen. And to Qantas who treated my Mum like royalty, held the flight for her, drove her around the airport, upgraded her without her asking and escorted her through customs… You are heroes!

10 Responses

1. By kristen roedner on February 9th, 2009 at 9:58 pm

Andy, I’m so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. May your travels be safe.

2. By Simon Young on February 10th, 2009 at 12:16 am

Andy, that’s terrible. My condolences.

3. By Rod Drury on February 10th, 2009 at 4:06 am

Our thoughts are with you and your family Andy. Rod & the NZ team.

4. By Bruno Sarda on February 10th, 2009 at 9:31 am

Andy, so sorry to hear of this sudden loss. Our thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time.

5. By gerry on February 10th, 2009 at 11:49 pm

My thoughyts and prayers are with you and all your family Andy. Gerry

6. By Bob Blount on February 12th, 2009 at 8:59 pm

Andy, I am so sorry to hear of you sudden loss. I can’t begin to imagin the radical shift your family has gone through during this difficult time. I will keep your family in my prayers. Best.

7. By Steve Rubel on February 14th, 2009 at 5:37 pm

Andy, sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family.

8. By David Chamberlin on February 14th, 2009 at 7:27 pm

I’m so sorry to hear about your loss. We’ll be praying for your family during this difficult time.

9. By John McElhenney on February 17th, 2009 at 10:07 pm

Many strong wishes to you Andy, may you have safe travels.

10. By Jeffrey Walker on February 28th, 2009 at 6:27 am

Mate — just saw this. I am so so sorry. Just talking about you yesterday to friends. Wish I was sending this for other reasons. Please take care…

Speak Up — Add Your Thoughts