- Great recognition for Vic Ransom. Well deserved. http://t.co/3uDUhoe82U, 15 hours ago
- Skateboards Are the New Comb-Over for Men Chasing Their Youth – via @NYTNow http://t.co/gqNPyexAtt http://t.co/CZ9o73GY45, Jul 01
- Love the passion and integrity of small business owners... Al Keating of Coffee Supreme @Xero https://t.co/3GtRaLvOiH, Jul 01
- The Bad Behavior of Visionary Leaders | The Energy Project http://t.co/S6hu5cHEnR, Jun 29
- Sprio nails it... http://t.co/erLkAaSO9G via @TheRoarSports, Jun 28
- So True, Netflix terrible in AU. About to cancel... http://t.co/7pZ0F2T69m, Jun 28
- Great dining in Nelson. https://t.co/lF85DNThsp, Jun 27
- Instagram unfiltered - http://t.co/T3nZTKXkXr http://t.co/ZMhoNc7hQI, Jun 27
- Huge congrats to the M&C team on their win. Well deserved. http://t.co/KuqKdmFqag, Jun 23
- How could Google have screwed-up the identity management in Chrome so badly. Now impossible to manage two accounts in Chrome. Sucks., Jun 23
- Great to see Jost getting some attention. Well deserved. Why Australia needs more Tyros http://t.co/yZsCPKzzDB, Jun 22
- The Man Behind 'The Most Interesting Man' Is Interesting, Too – via @NYTNow http://t.co/zUVkVy6Qew http://t.co/9WucXbG6AW, Jun 22
- After Taylor Swift’s Criticism, Apple Will Pay Royalties in Trial Period – via @NYTNow http://t.co/t3y4XvVFQY http://t.co/YIb0zuiAny, Jun 22
- Work experience at a tech company | Xero blog https://t.co/pvddy5X28z, Jun 21
- A bit on beautiful business from my chats at Enterconf last week https://t.co/qdqwiaPuKh @xero @enterconf, Jun 21
Twitter’s changes last week mean lots of marketers – anyone with a social dashboard should see a change.
In short, as of last Wednesday all links (longer than 20 characters) posted on Twitter.com or any Twitter client are now marked with a t.co URL. As NextWeb says, “this means all analytics tools are picking up t.co as the referrer as opposed to a particular twitter client (Twitterrific, Tweetdeck etc.) or just twitter.com”.
Now Twitter should get the attribution it deserves. Not that this is the reason Twitter is using. They say Twitter uses the t.co domain as part of a service to protect users from harmful activity, to provide value for the developer ecosystem, and as a quality signal for surfacing relevant, interesting Tweets.
Super. The real rub though is that marketers will now get to see the impact and influence of the entire Twitter ecosystem – a key metric given so many posts and links don’t occur on Twitter itself.
NextWeb has a great overview.