- @grant_pattison delighted to help anyway I can, 6 mins ago
- @trib it's just shocking how bad they are, 6 mins ago
- Fri and Sat are the same in Nth Sydney - broadband speeds collapse. Sick and tired of Telstra. #telstra #telstrasucks, 40 mins ago
- @BluesRugbyTeam pathetic performance. Hard to be a fan of a rudderless team., 1 hour ago
- Pathetic Blues performance. Big questions to ask about coaching and. Selection. No anchor. No strategy. #bluesrugby #super15, 1 hour ago
- Another shocker by the Blues. They have no game maker orchestrating. What is Kirwin thinking., 1 hour ago
- Parametric estimations of the world distribution of income | vox http://t.co/CXnfjKe9Zf, 4 hours ago
- Capitalism and the Dalai Lama - http://t.co/VMYxBxZYZ5 http://t.co/XwVRQWH0Lb, 4 hours ago
- Earth and Sea http://t.co/y6Fyraso0u via @feedly, 5 hours ago
- "Killing the Lorax: 900 Environmental Activists Slain in the Past 10 Years" good read http://t.co/iQINyrduB0, Apr 17
- Love stumbling across sites like this... Designtripper http://t.co/dly98xF1OB, Apr 17
- Great insights.. Mobile payments: The next step in a bank’s digital journey - http://t.co/YIF3weDLvk, Apr 17
- Tech duo wins record US funding http://t.co/XbyXrKKHt0, Apr 16
- Seeking Growth, The Payments Industry Embraces New Technologies http://t.co/aVvmhy2sBY via @techcrunch, Apr 16
- Very thought provoking http://t.co/dgQwNz2Kn6, Apr 14
Twitter’s changes last week mean lots of marketers – anyone with a social dashboard should see a change.
In short, as of last Wednesday all links (longer than 20 characters) posted on Twitter.com or any Twitter client are now marked with a t.co URL. As NextWeb says, “this means all analytics tools are picking up t.co as the referrer as opposed to a particular twitter client (Twitterrific, Tweetdeck etc.) or just twitter.com”.
Now Twitter should get the attribution it deserves. Not that this is the reason Twitter is using. They say Twitter uses the t.co domain as part of a service to protect users from harmful activity, to provide value for the developer ecosystem, and as a quality signal for surfacing relevant, interesting Tweets.
Super. The real rub though is that marketers will now get to see the impact and influence of the entire Twitter ecosystem – a key metric given so many posts and links don’t occur on Twitter itself.
NextWeb has a great overview.