- Have You Ever Heard The Term ‘Piss Poor?’ I Had No Idea It Comes From THIS! Fascinating! https://t.co/bhkMBZu0Ox, 5 hours ago
- "Linguist George Lakoff explains how the Democrats helped elect Trump" #cool #feedly https://t.co/rdIHkCnWMN, 13 hours ago
- "I Did 200 Podcasts With My Heroes. This is What I Learned…" #a_weekend #feedly https://t.co/LZwOopVQBp, 13 hours ago
- Great read - The Three Machines https://t.co/mNm6OluYt4, 14 hours ago
- Is the Open Office trend destroying the workplace?https://t.co/zMBjYGFHNl, Jan 17
- “The Importance of Focus in Your Early GTM Strategy” — @drewbeechler https://t.co/ZZFI3TcXRU https://t.co/BDaioXl2dM, Jan 16
- I'd say outside of broadband speeds, AusPosts inability to deliver a parcel is the major barrier to eCommerce and digital in AU., Jan 13
- Australia Post increases prices.... again! https://t.co/46uqMidnIg, Jan 12
- Well written piece on the end of newspapers. @cshirky https://t.co/QD0RObK763, Jan 11
- Agree with all @johnbattelle predictions. Mine to follow... https://t.co/BtZwFsYASU, Jan 11
- Great reco's on how to boost your productivity. Protect your morning time. https://t.co/3PyYvittHf, Jan 11
- So important to cultivate renewal habits. https://t.co/YSFcgWlTQo, Jan 11
- Can totally relate⚡️ “Coco Vandeweghe smashes her racket at Sydney International” https://t.co/dFWGzodzEN, Jan 11
- LinkedIn mailbox is most absurd product and place. It's like a magnet for desperation and the irrelevant. Rather than mailbox is a "sadbox", Jan 10
- How to balance radical candor with respect and sensitivity... https://t.co/vaUF6GhYnh, Jan 10
Twitter’s changes last week mean lots of marketers – anyone with a social dashboard should see a change.
In short, as of last Wednesday all links (longer than 20 characters) posted on Twitter.com or any Twitter client are now marked with a t.co URL. As NextWeb says, “this means all analytics tools are picking up t.co as the referrer as opposed to a particular twitter client (Twitterrific, Tweetdeck etc.) or just twitter.com”.
Now Twitter should get the attribution it deserves. Not that this is the reason Twitter is using. They say Twitter uses the t.co domain as part of a service to protect users from harmful activity, to provide value for the developer ecosystem, and as a quality signal for surfacing relevant, interesting Tweets.
Super. The real rub though is that marketers will now get to see the impact and influence of the entire Twitter ecosystem – a key metric given so many posts and links don’t occur on Twitter itself.
NextWeb has a great overview.