- Feel for @QantasAirways employees. Good people, tough result. Thilled for AirNZ emp who benefit from great perf #airnz #qantas, 8 hours ago
- How to Find Your Purpose and Do What You Love http://t.co/z0L3tOprNv, Aug 26
- I had the same experience as a Kiwi in Australia http://t.co/ONcronOAUf via @TheRoarSports, Aug 26
- Ev Williams on Learning from Twitter to Make Medium http://t.co/HYtCvly1oh via @designerbridge, Aug 25
- Ev Williams on Learning from Twitter to Make Medium http://t.co/Fo1aenScyb via @designerbridge, Aug 24
- Great piece on the big game from Spiro. http://t.co/WIyo5YDMcQ via @TheRoarSports, Aug 24
- Seven Lessons I Learned from the Failure of My First Startup http://t.co/r8byNaVg0h http://t.co/uIEK0hNMCq, Aug 24
- The Anti-To-Do List http://t.co/mQvXUN0kjF, Aug 24
- How the World Sleeps (And Wakes) http://t.co/rNRRiYvAmB via @jawbone http://t.co/8OkNjJk5Y7, Aug 24
- How the World Sleeps (And Wakes) http://t.co/vMbLCE7AV8 via @jawbone http://t.co/biX2wHHNvJ, Aug 23
- “How Tinder co-founder Whitney Wolfe hacked Metcalfe’s Law” by @pomeranian99 https://t.co/q1VxzQ0Y6B, Aug 23
- http://t.co/zDTr2kmVmP, Aug 23
- Love this initiative by Levis -- Levi's Commuter Workspace in Los Angeles | The Radavist http://t.co/S0sCEzOtUP, Aug 19
- "For Big-Data Scientists, ‘Janitor Work’ Is Key Hurdle to Insights - http://t.co/VMYxBxZYZ5" good read http://t.co/fneP3YWo0I, Aug 19
- Rugby is in ruins... http://t.co/NlgVvVxYrp, Aug 18
Twitter’s changes last week mean lots of marketers – anyone with a social dashboard should see a change.
In short, as of last Wednesday all links (longer than 20 characters) posted on Twitter.com or any Twitter client are now marked with a t.co URL. As NextWeb says, “this means all analytics tools are picking up t.co as the referrer as opposed to a particular twitter client (Twitterrific, Tweetdeck etc.) or just twitter.com”.
Now Twitter should get the attribution it deserves. Not that this is the reason Twitter is using. They say Twitter uses the t.co domain as part of a service to protect users from harmful activity, to provide value for the developer ecosystem, and as a quality signal for surfacing relevant, interesting Tweets.
Super. The real rub though is that marketers will now get to see the impact and influence of the entire Twitter ecosystem – a key metric given so many posts and links don’t occur on Twitter itself.
NextWeb has a great overview.