- In good company... Shame Ed is heading to the UK.. CMO Australia https://t.co/giGIu9Yggq, 2 hours ago
- Apple Music Comes To Sonos Dec 15 https://t.co/Mow6KASZoK @roddrury, 7 hours ago
- The Way Not To Compete https://t.co/WGdLFZl27v via @sharethis, 7 hours ago
- Peter Thiel: The Single Best Interview Question You Can Ask https://t.co/nGuplYSExp, 8 hours ago
- “I sat down with a millionaire who operates 10 businesses while sailing around the world with his…” by @DaveSchools_ https://t.co/0IOMXwkDEb, 20 hours ago
- The Return of Werner Erhard, Father of Self-Help – via @NYTNow https://t.co/b0MOnsFsNZ https://t.co/QJXVmYfEn7, Nov 29
- Great to see support for someone doing a very tough job ... Zynga CEO Mark Pincus defends Marissa Mayer https://t.co/h7rENnX0Fc, Nov 28
- Maybe Its Time to Cut Evernote a Break | The Daily Lark https://t.co/PZppIIzaPC, Nov 26
- Great guy... real loss for tech ... Steve Wildstrom, Tech Journalist, Dies After Battle With Brain Cancer https://t.co/IHPz5JmdiH, Nov 26
- (Apple) Watch out https://t.co/L5CcwBv5ZP #a_monday #feedly, Nov 26
- Xero weaves its 'financial web' https://t.co/oRBoWP19xL, Nov 22
- Then guy in Apple store says "yes, huge problem, hundreds ask me everyday. No known cure. Try sending an email to your Apple address" #wtf, Nov 21
- Everyday someone asks me "how do you fix search on your iPhone, mine doesn't work anymore", Nov 21
- interesting to see if a foreign coach can lead England well. Staggering there wasn't a national to do the job. https://t.co/uCZphmUZ0d, Nov 20
Twitter’s changes last week mean lots of marketers – anyone with a social dashboard should see a change.
In short, as of last Wednesday all links (longer than 20 characters) posted on Twitter.com or any Twitter client are now marked with a t.co URL. As NextWeb says, “this means all analytics tools are picking up t.co as the referrer as opposed to a particular twitter client (Twitterrific, Tweetdeck etc.) or just twitter.com”.
Now Twitter should get the attribution it deserves. Not that this is the reason Twitter is using. They say Twitter uses the t.co domain as part of a service to protect users from harmful activity, to provide value for the developer ecosystem, and as a quality signal for surfacing relevant, interesting Tweets.
Super. The real rub though is that marketers will now get to see the impact and influence of the entire Twitter ecosystem – a key metric given so many posts and links don’t occur on Twitter itself.
NextWeb has a great overview.