- It's time to end the cash economy. Govt should mandate cash free payments., 6 hours ago
- Read the blog at Ben's Blog http://t.co/pamlMZmGFJ via @bhorowitz, 17 hours ago
- CBA confident in ability to beat tech start-ups http://t.co/zt6RIX43aK, 18 hours ago
- The Case for Why Marketing Should Have Its Own Engineers http://t.co/d2kqh9lRRb, 20 hours ago
- THE FUTURE OF RETAIL: 2014 [SLIDE DECK] (via @BusInsiderAU) http://t.co/CHKKmBCFqN, Jul 27
- Digital Transformation Must Start At The Top http://t.co/xVkZsFGpN8 via @cmo_com, Jul 27
- Digital Media Is Now Bigger Than National TV Advertising, Will Surpass Total TV by 2018 http://t.co/rdD3GUy4yd, Jul 27
- The Sixth Extinction is here -- and it's our fault http://t.co/7jRtFI7QUx via @jtemple, Jul 27
- CMOs Are Preparing for Digital to Grow to 75% of Marketing Budgets http://t.co/XQoUD4Xjrz, Jul 27
- How to Write: A Year in Advice from Franzen, King, Hosseini, and More http://t.co/bZjeTUGeiV via @TheAtlantic, Jul 27
- Great tips http://t.co/9OQTVj49mk, Jul 27
- How to Be Happy, Scientifically http://t.co/Rv5aMehakk via @lesswrong, Jul 27
- How to Write: A Year in Advice from Franzen, King, Hosseini, and More http://t.co/oxzAhEuF1q via @TheAtlantic, Jul 27
- “You Are Not Late” by @kevin2kelly https://t.co/h4dJI6Sq7Q, Jul 27
- A Step-by-Step System to Higher Productivity http://t.co/Y0LwMKm2oA by @gjhickman http://t.co/QoF6FHzatH, Jul 27
Twitter’s changes last week mean lots of marketers – anyone with a social dashboard should see a change.
In short, as of last Wednesday all links (longer than 20 characters) posted on Twitter.com or any Twitter client are now marked with a t.co URL. As NextWeb says, “this means all analytics tools are picking up t.co as the referrer as opposed to a particular twitter client (Twitterrific, Tweetdeck etc.) or just twitter.com”.
Now Twitter should get the attribution it deserves. Not that this is the reason Twitter is using. They say Twitter uses the t.co domain as part of a service to protect users from harmful activity, to provide value for the developer ecosystem, and as a quality signal for surfacing relevant, interesting Tweets.
Super. The real rub though is that marketers will now get to see the impact and influence of the entire Twitter ecosystem – a key metric given so many posts and links don’t occur on Twitter itself.
NextWeb has a great overview.