- The Moral Bucket List - http://t.co/EdlF3ZnI0F, 6 hours ago
- “The Artist You’ve Never Heard of Who’s Re-awakening San Francisco” by @thechelsearenee https://t.co/vffQ1hVWxh, 15 hours ago
- MarTech Speaker Presentations | MarTech - MarTech http://t.co/hKdHoyd3DW, Apr 16
- The Disease of Being Busy ... http://t.co/R7vT1pGwgG, Apr 15
- The Moment for Moments http://t.co/PtmdLzZW9L @adambain @charleneli #yam #MKTGnation, Apr 15
- Think we are only one of two kiwi brands with street signage in San Fran. Can you guess the other? @Xero http://t.co/qmF6WdTzEP, Apr 15
- What If You Committed 30 Minutes To Daily Learning (Without Fail)? http://t.co/8Q7bkRPuxj, Apr 14
- Tim Ferriss' Two E-Mail Autoresponses That Really Work http://t.co/8pkapAfBAW via @tferriss, Apr 14
- Central Kitchen with the team. Yum., Apr 13
- “The full-stack employee” by @chrismessina https://t.co/KsivNNW9Zi, Apr 12
- How What You Eat Affects Your Productivity http://t.co/jfEsWZcdkH, Apr 12
- Best read of the day... Clever thinking by Stowe... “Trawling with Engines of Meaning” by @stoweboyd https://t.co/Ud2MzsmRIt, Apr 12
- Are Things Happening to You, or Are You Making Things Happen? http://t.co/TecZNgKb1z, Apr 11
- Funny how Qantas thinks it's ok to downgrade the plane, service and seat and still charge the same @Qantas #flyingsucks, Apr 11
- Where to get a Mac repaired in San Fran? Mine just died. Genius Bar has no avail till Mon, Apr 11
Twitter’s changes last week mean lots of marketers – anyone with a social dashboard should see a change.
In short, as of last Wednesday all links (longer than 20 characters) posted on Twitter.com or any Twitter client are now marked with a t.co URL. As NextWeb says, “this means all analytics tools are picking up t.co as the referrer as opposed to a particular twitter client (Twitterrific, Tweetdeck etc.) or just twitter.com”.
Now Twitter should get the attribution it deserves. Not that this is the reason Twitter is using. They say Twitter uses the t.co domain as part of a service to protect users from harmful activity, to provide value for the developer ecosystem, and as a quality signal for surfacing relevant, interesting Tweets.
Super. The real rub though is that marketers will now get to see the impact and influence of the entire Twitter ecosystem – a key metric given so many posts and links don’t occur on Twitter itself.
NextWeb has a great overview.