- RT @LendAcademy: New Post: Two Big Banks Enter the International P2P Lending Scene http://t.co/XnlqF8uyYQ #p2plending cc: @mysocietyone @Rainfin1, 4 hours ago
- Great move by Matt and the team... http://t.co/KcEZa6GEay, 4 hours ago
- An amazing story - I admire him for not putting up with the crap. http://t.co/HnOCrZrgks, 4 hours ago
- Great story http://t.co/c2Hy86xUPl, Mar 10
- Benchmarking the Half-Life and Decay of Mobile Apps http://t.co/ONcK4zLySY, Mar 09
- A great read for anyone building apps http://t.co/R5eVl5bxWs, Mar 09
- Out for an evening explore with my new little buddy http://t.co/4BcTqplrYf, Mar 09
- Always amazes me the stuff I find growing in the garden http://t.co/N6exgxavA3, Mar 09
- What do you listen to when you work? I really enjoy Noon Pacific http://t.co/Xde6yij50G, Mar 07
- The Face Behind Bitcoin - Newsweek http://t.co/G77xRCeU2S, Mar 06
- http://t.co/avgkirIaUd, Mar 06
- 1 in 10 Americans think HTML is an STD, study finds http://t.co/qrXL49jc1U, Mar 05
- RT @RishiPDave: John Maeda: 3 Principles for Using Design Successfully @WSJ http://t.co/MNuI5nar0J, Mar 03
- @simongascoigne Yep - won't let you go through the human lines that were also massive… even express lane card holders, Mar 03
- Aussie customs now forcing passport holders to use machines. Massive lines at airport today. No increase in # of machines. #travel, Mar 03
Twitter’s changes last week mean lots of marketers – anyone with a social dashboard should see a change.
In short, as of last Wednesday all links (longer than 20 characters) posted on Twitter.com or any Twitter client are now marked with a t.co URL. As NextWeb says, “this means all analytics tools are picking up t.co as the referrer as opposed to a particular twitter client (Twitterrific, Tweetdeck etc.) or just twitter.com”.
Now Twitter should get the attribution it deserves. Not that this is the reason Twitter is using. They say Twitter uses the t.co domain as part of a service to protect users from harmful activity, to provide value for the developer ecosystem, and as a quality signal for surfacing relevant, interesting Tweets.
Super. The real rub though is that marketers will now get to see the impact and influence of the entire Twitter ecosystem – a key metric given so many posts and links don’t occur on Twitter itself.
NextWeb has a great overview.